Sunday, September 23, 2012

Four years later....

Much has changed in my work life during the past four years, yet much has stayed the same.  The most important news was the publication by the American Meteorological Society of Dave Schultz's excellent book, Eloquent Science: A Practical Guide to Becoming a Better Writer, Speaker & Atmospheric Scientist, to which I contributed. Together with Dave, I also published my first article in a scientific publication, which was based on a two-year study of MWR reviewers: "Quantifying the Volunteer Effort of Scientific Reviewing."  I retired from the AMS in May 2012, still edit scientific papers, and still teach scientific writing occasionally for ESL scientists at UCAR/NCAR.

Please see my next post for information on the new Colorado Collaborative for Girls in STEM.

No comments: